Miami is a hot bachelorette party destination for many reasons, one of which is that the city works for any budget! On top of that, Miami has a popping nightlife scene, beautiful beaches, upscale shopping, delicious food, celebrity sightings, and nostalgic art-deco buildings.
We’re rounding up the ultimate guide on how to throw a Miami bachelorette party, so get ready to grab a swimsuit and your best girls!
5 Reasons We Love a Miami Bachelorette Party
1. Beaches: Do we need to say it?! From the famous celebrity-studded South Beach to the more subdued North Shore Beach, Miami has some of the best beaches on the east coast.
2. Nightlife: If you know nightlife will be one of your main bachelorette party activities and you’re looking for a big night out, Miami will not disappoint. This city is known to be one giant party, where the club and bar scene goes strong seven days a week.
3. Shopping: With beautiful open-air malls like the Bayside Marketplace and the luxury brands that line Ocean Drive, Miami is a great place to shop ’till you drop.
4. Culture: Miami has a culture like none other, embracing its Hispanic heritage, Caribbean heritage, Haitian heritage, and much more. The city comes alive with festivals, art, music, and cuisine to honor the city’s deep cultural roots.
5. Architecture: Yes, the world’s highest concentration of Art Deco buildings is in South Beach!
Things To Do in Miami
Explore the City
- Ocean Drive: Ocean Drive is known worldwide for its Art Deco hotels and businesses, many of which have been in films, and for its upscale shopping, all with views of beautiful South Beach. Stroll the street for some shopping and hop in a few bars or restaurants along the way!
- South Beach: South Beach (SoBe) is the most iconic beach in Miami, so make sure to experience it at least once during your epic bachelorette party.
- Little Havana: Explore Miami’s Cuban neighborhood! Don’t miss Calle Ocho (Eighth Street), the lively heart of Little Havana filled with Latin food, fruit stands, art galleries, and Maximo Gomez Park (known as Domino Park to locals).
- Vizcaya Museum and Garden: Tour the Vizcaya Museum and Gardens, a preserved 1916 Italian Renaissance-style mansion. Vizcaya is the perfect spot for posh selfies with the crew, just a 10-minute drive from downtown Miami!
- The Wynwood Arts District: Wynwood is known for its colorful street art and murals (including the Wynwood Walls). The Wynwood area loves to stay local, so most of the shops, eats, and galleries you find here are family-owned.
Miami is a food hot spot known for its authentic Cuban, Caribbean, and Latin food. Round up the girls for a walking food tour of some of Miami’s cultural neighborhoods!
If your bride loves a festival, Miami could be a great place to catch some of the city’s biggest events:
- South Beach Wine & Food Festival: Food and wine lovers can sample the goods from more than 400 top chefs, winemakers, and culinary celebrities at the South Beach Wine & Food Festival (SOBEWFF), which takes place every February.
- Carnaval Miami: This fun, energetic festival celebrates Latin music, art, food, sports, and fashion. Carnaval Miami is held between February and March every year.
- Art Basel Miami: If your bridesmaids lean towards the creative side, they probably already have Art Basel Miami on their bucket list! Browse and buy art brought to Miami from around the world at one of only four Art Basel fairs (the others are in Switzerland, Hong Kong, and Paris). The Miami event takes place in December every year.
- Ultra Music Festival: Miami has an incredible music scene, with Ultra Musical Festival being one of the biggest electronic music events of the year. Ultra takes place in March every year.
If you’re looking to get out of downtown Miami, explore a few of these nearby sights:
- The Everglades: The Florida Everglades are protected wetlands, a great place to take airboat tours and spot some alligators! The park’s main entrance is about 50 miles south of Miami.
- The Florida Keys: Did you know that Key West is just a four-hour drive from Miami? If you don’t have the time, there are plenty of closer keys to go snorkeling with the girls, such as the beautiful Key Largo (about an 80-minute drive from downtown Miami).
- West Palm Beach: A barrier island, West Palm Beach is known for upscale shopping, beaches, and epic sunsets! It’s about a 75-minute drive from downtown Miami.
Where to Eat in Miami
Miami has an incredible bar and restaurant scene, and we’re rounding up a few of our favorites to make sure your bachelorette party is a success!
- Swan: If you’re partying with a bride that wants to rub shoulders with celebs, make reservations at the trendy Miami hot spot, Swan. The adorable pink decor also makes for gorgeous photo backgrounds for bachelorette selfies!
- Sugar: Looking to dine with rooftop views? Head to Sugar, an Asian-inspired restaurant with 360-degree views of Miami.
- Joe’s Stone Crab: Joe’s has been a stone crab destination in Miami Beach for over 100 years. Stop by for lunch or dinner (they also have amazing key lime pie).
- Novikov: Located in Brickell, Novikov serves Chinese-Japanese fusion and is known for its dim sum and duck-and-foie-gras-filled dumplings.
- Jaguar Sun: A small pasta and cocktail restaurant, Jaguar Sun is a great place for a bachelorette dinner. They also have a pop-up sister restaurant, Sunny’s Steakhouse, with beautiful outdoor seating in Little River.
- Miami Beach EDITION: Old Miami glamor inspires the cocktails at Matador Bar. Downstairs, the Basement has everything you need for bachelorette fun: neon bowling, ice skating, and a nightclub open until 5 AM.
- Broken Shaker: Channel tropical bride vibes at Broken Shaker, where sipping cocktails by the pool is the norm.
- E11EVEN Miami: If your crew likes to party, the 24-hour club E11EVEN is the place to be. You never know what you’ll see, from aerial artists to A-list performers!
- Sweet Liberty Drinks & Supply Company: This bar ranked on the World’s 100 Best Bars’ list 2021 list, and is a favorite among locals and tourists alike.
- Gramps Bar: Located in Wynwood, Gramps Bar draws a crowd for its entertainment, ranging from a drag showcase to karaoke and trivia night. They also lay claim to the city’s Best Moscow Mule!
Where to Stay For Your Miami Bachelorette Party
Miami is full of wonderful neighborhoods with great places to stay. We’ve rounded up a few of our favorites at a variety of price points to suit your bachelorette party budget!
South Beach is known for its beaches and the glamorous scene around its busy nightlife hotspots and celebrity chef bars and restaurants.
- $ Viajero Miami is in the middle of South Beach and only a block away from the beach!
- $$ Savoy Hotel gives you a chance to stay in an original art deco hotel built in 1935. The tropical courtyard has beautiful views of the ocean.
- $$$ The Ritz-Carlton has a reputation that needs no introduction and is the perfect place to splurge on your Miami bachelorette party!
Brickell is Miami’s financial center with luxury condos, rooftop bars, art galleries, and fashionable boutiques.
- $ Selina upholds its reputation for being a ton of fun, with happy hour drinks, themed parties, and a daily yoga class to help you unwind.
- $$ Hilton Garden Inn Miami Brickell South is an elegant stay close to everything in Brickell.
- $$$ Four Seasons Resort Miami will cater to every need your bachelorette party can think up.
Coconut Grove is an upscale neighborhood along Biscayne Bay, offering plenty of green space, sidewalk cafes, and chic shops.
- $ Hampton Inn Coconut Grove is a great value option and conveniently located to get around all of Miami’s best sights.
- $$ Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove recently had a full top-to-bottom renovation, creating a refreshing destination surrounded by views of Biscayne Bay and the Miami city skyline.
- $$$ Mr. C Miami Coconut Grove is a modern version of old-world glamor.
North Beach is a low-key neighborhood with residential areas bordered by stretches of beautiful beaches.
- $ Park Royal Miami Beach is located in North Miami Beach, away from the hustle and bustle of the city and with nearby beach access.
- $$ PRAIA Boutique Hotel you’re just a few miles away from Ocean Drive and the Miami Beach Boardwalk, but have amenities and restaurants within walking distance with a more laid-back vibe.
- $$$ Four Seasons The Surf Club is an oceanfront destination with a touch of new-era glamor, chic dining options, and a world-class spa.
Downtown Miami is a busy shopping area with many shops and event venues, such as FTX Arena (home to the Miami Heat basketball team) and Bayside Marketplace (a two-story open-air shopping center).
- $ Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown is convenient to top destinations like South Beach and the Bayside Marketplace, as well as FTX Arena.
- $$ The Hilton Miami Downtown includes floor-to-ceiling windows in every room, with views of the city skyline and Biscayne Bay. The hotel is just one mile away from FTX Arena and Bayside Marketplace.
- $$$ Mandarin Oriental Miami is a five-star resort located on the exclusive Brickell Key, right off downtown.
How to Get Around in Miami
Getting around Miami is easy with several options. Keep in mind that if you have a car, you’ll need to think about parking, which can be pricey, so plan ahead!
- Public Transportation: The Miami Trolley is free and you can check out trolley schedules and maps online. Miami also has a Metrorail that provides service to Miami International Airport (MIA) from downtown Miami neighborhoods. A single ride fare is $2.25.
- Rideshare services: Uber and Lyft are readily available in Miami and a great way to get around (plus, then you don’t need a designated driver from your group!)
- Car service: If you want to kick it up a notch, consider hiring a driver or booking a limo for a big night out on the town. Companies like Legacy Car Service, Majestic Limousines, and Miami Limo Service offer a variety of different options ranging from airport transfers to a full night out in a Hummer H2 limo.
- Bike and scooter rental: For quick trips or to get around on the boardwalks, look for bike and scooter rentals from companies like Lime, Bird, or Citi Bike.
- By car: If you’re driving, check for free parking to be included with your accommodations. Parking in popular neighborhoods like South Beach, Brickell, or Wynwood can be challenging, so be prepared to pay for parking.
Your Truly Miami Bachelorette Party
We hope this guide has helped you plan your Miami bachelorette party! Check out our other guides, including NYC bachelorette party, 10 Affordable Bachelorette Party Gift Ideas, Bachelorette 101: How to Plan a Bachelorette Party, and our themed guides ranging from an 80s-themed bachelorette to a Sex & the City bachelorette party.
We’d love to see pictures from your bachelorette party – make sure to tag @BDR on Instagram for a chance to be featured.