Calling all Potter-heads! If you’re a mega fan still waiting eagerly for an owl to arrive with your acceptance letter to Hogwarts, it’s a no-brainer to incorporate your love for the Wizarding World into your bachelorette with a Harry Potter-themed party. Whether you’re a Gryffindor girl or Ravenclaw for life, a Harry Potter bachelorette party is a magical way to celebrate with your best witches and wizards by your side.
While we can’t help with the owl (you’re on your own there!), we’ve put together a guide on how to plan a bachelorette party that will have you and your squad heading home saying “mischief managed!”
Create a spellbinding atmosphere from the moment your guests arrive with decor that will make you feel like you’ve been transported right into Diagon Alley or Hogwarts Castle.
$$: A magical balloon arch featuring golden snitches creates a wow-worthy entrance moment or backdrop for the festivities. Create an authentic Hogwarts feel by lining the walls with banners from each House.
Witchy Welcome Bags
Welcome guests to your witchy weekend in style with an enchanting assortment of gifts. When you send out the bachelorette party invitations, ask your squad to take a Harry Potter house quiz. You can then use these Hogwarts House welcome bags, and the bachelorette party favors below to create curated gift sets specific to their house!
- Golden Snitch Hot Chocolate Bombs for a surprisingly fun sweet treat
- Customizable Hogwarts coffee mugs that you can fill with hangover potion (aka coffee!) after a night out on the town
- Every witch needs a wand – this bulk set will let you select a wand that fits each person or let the wand choose them in true Harry Potter style
- Cozy up with plush velvet robes or a cute pajama lounge set made for each House
- Throw in eye-catching lightning bolt sunglasses to keep your group looking stylish on sunny days
Curate Your Witch Wardrobe
While you might not be able to pop down to Diagon Alley to outfit your group at Madam Malkin’s Robes for All Occasions, here are our favorite picks to get into the spirit:
- These customizable t-shirts have over 40 punny Harry Potter-themed sayings to choose from, so everyone can pick the shirt that best represents their love for all things wizarding
- Class up your outfits with House-themed ties, or if you want to go all-out on your Hogwarts student look, splurge on embroidered robes emblazoned with the crest for each House:
- Add a pair of Harry’s famous round glasses
- Complete the look with that will make for a fantastic photo op
Let the Games Begin!
Channel your inner Triwizard Tournament competitor with a series of Harry Potter-themed bachelorette party game ideas.
Sure, you could throw it back to your college days with a few games of beer pong for old times’ sake, but why not take things up a notch with a Quidditch-themed Wizard Pong competition instead? This creative take on beer pong incorporates tabletop rings, golden snitch cups, and even spell cards for a unique twist on the game that will have your whole team cheering.
Test your wizarding knowledge and find out who’s the biggest Harry Potter fan in the group with a Trivial Pursuit World of Harry Potter competition, or play a few rounds of Harry Potter-themed Would You Rather learn how your friends would act if they were in the wizarding world.
Try your luck with a tasty or terrifying game of BeanBoozled – just like Bertie Bott’s Every Flavor Beans, you never know what you’ll get! Will it be buttered popcorn or a rotten egg? Only one way to find out, and there will be lots of laughs along the way as you watch your friends take a spin on the spinner wheel.
Lastly, a bachelorette party isn’t complete without a photo booth! Set up and use instant cameras to snap candid shots throughout the night – especially decked out in your amazing costumes.
If you’re having a group movie night, prepare some sweet and salty Troll Boogey popcorn to munch during the movie marathon. Don’t worry – it tastes better than it sounds!
Of course, it’s not a party without a butterbeer. This copycat recipe will have you feeling like you’re in a pub in Hogsmeade. Top it with butterscotch schnapps or vanilla vodka for a little extra kick! Another fun option is Butterbeer Jell-O shots, sure to get the party going.
Set the Mood with a Magical Playlist
Put together a magic-themed playlist that’ll have your group ready to boogie down like they’re on the dance floor at the Yule Ball:
- Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic – The Police
- Do You Believe in Magic? – The Lovin’ Spoonful
- Magic – B.o.B, Rivers Cuomo
- Wicked Ones – Dorothy
- Black Magic Woman – Santana
- I Put a Spell On You – Nina Simone
- Magic Stick – Lil’ Kim
- 24K Magic – Bruno Mars
- Witchcraft – Frank Sinatra
- Season of the Witch – Lana Del Ray
- Sisters of the Moon – Fleetwood Mac
We hope you have an amazing Harry Potter bachelorette party! Make sure to check out our other resources and guides, including our Bachelorette Party Planning Guide and our guide to choosing the best hashtags for your party.
We’d love to see pictures from your trip – make sure to tag @BDR on Instagram!
Before you go, if you don’t know where to start, make sure to check out our Bachelorette 101 guide for a perfect bachelorette party.