Austin, Texas has 300 days of sunshine a year, hundreds of restaurants to choose from, and is overflowing with fun activities that make it a great place to throw a bachelorette party. The most popular time to visit is in the spring, when temperatures are between 70°F and 89°F, as in summer it can reach highs of up to 95°F and above. Even though the city started quietly, it’s now known for its art, culture, creativity, and live music, which makes it a go-to destination for your Austin bachelorette party.
How to Get to Austin
Austin is a 3-hour drive from Dallas, 5 ½ hours from Oklahoma City, and 7 ½ hours from New Orleans.
The main airport in Austin is the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS). Flight times vary, but from LAX to AUS it takes just under 3 hours, 3 ½ hours 30 flights from NYC and just over 2 hours from Orlando. t the airport, the easiest way to get downtown is to use a rideshare service like Uber or Lyft. If you’re looking for public transport, you can take the Capital Metro (Cap Metro, for short), which runs a route between the airport, the University of Texas at Austin, and downtown Austin hotels every 15 minutes. Single-ride fares are $1.25. There are also shuttle services you can reserve with Carter Transportation ($15 one-way from the airport), but you will need to make a reservation in advance.
Getting Around in Austin
Austin offers great public transportation such as the Cap Metro, which includes bus routes and the MetroRail service (we talked about this above in how to get downtown from the airport!). The MetroRail is a 32-mile line from Leander to Austin, offering a great way to get explore the city’s different neighborhoods, and an average day pass costs $7 per person. Download the CapMetro app to buy passes and plan trips on the go.
Rideshare services such as Uber and Lyft are readily available, and if you have your car, there are plenty of parking options. Most hotels and accommodations will provide parking (either for free or for a daily fee), and there are metered parking and parking garage options downtown.
Where to Stay for Your Austin Bachelorette Party
Some of the most popular places to stay in Austin are the Rainey Street entertainment district, South Congress neighborhood, East Austin neighborhood, and Downtown Austin. Below are a few accommodation options, to help you get the party started.
$: Budget-Friendly Options
- Aloft Austin Downtown is located in the city’s 6th Street Entertainment District, steps away from dining, shopping, and entertainment options. The hotel also has three on-site dining options! Rooms start at around $135 per night.
- Airbnb can offer great budget-friendly options, like this Modern Luxury Home that sleeps 10 guests and is great for hosting large groups with an open floor plan and spa-like bathrooms. Pricing starts around $395 per night (but split among 10 guests, is a deal!).
$$: Mid-Tier Options
- Canopy by Hilton Austin Downtown is also located in the 6th Street Entertainment District. The hotel offers free Canopy bikes for guests to ride along the shores of nearby Lady Bird Lake. Rooms start at around $260 per night.
- Tommie Austin by Hyatt offers thoughtfully designed rooms that “empower guests by giving them the space to shape their stay for a destination experience that celebrates the whole individual”. Sounds pretty great! The hotel also has a pool deck and lounge overlooking the city that offers cabanas available to reserve. Rooms start at around $275 per night.
- The Carpenter Hotel is an open-air hotel that is a great jumping-off point for taking a hike, visiting nearby downtown, spending a day by the pool, or relaxing on your terrace (each room has one). The hotel has a swimming pool as well as a café and a full-service restaurant. Rooms start at around $250 per night.
$$$: Splurge Options
- Thompson Austin is a luxury boutique hotel with luxe, contemporary vibes. Described as an “untamed urban playground,” has a pool and on-site restaurant that will keep your entire bachelorette party entertained. Rooms start at around $400 per night.
- Austin Proper Hotel was rated the #1 hotel in Austin by Travel & Leisure’s 2022 World’s Best Awards. Located in the Second Street District, the Austin Proper is the newest luxury hotel in Austin. The hotel has 244 rooms and suites, a dedicated spa and fitness center, and a rooftop pool and restaurant (offering small-batch tequilas). Rooms start at around $550 per night.
- If you want to stay a little out of the city center, Airbnb offers incredible luxury homes such as this Luxury Tulum Oasis that is still within walking distance of the city’s best attractions. The home has a rooftop patio with downtown views, 14ft. Kitchen island, indoor/outdoor fireplace, and a 35ft. Swimming pool and hot tub. The house sleeps 8 guests and pricing starts at around $2,700 per night.
Best Things to Do in Austin
Whether you’re in the mood for bagels for brunch, happy hour by the pool, or discovering the hidden art and creativity that embodies Austin, there is so much to plan for the best Austin bachelorette party!
- Hiking trails such as Twin Falls and Sculpture Falls via Barton Creek Greenbelt trail, Lady Bird Lake trail
$: Budget-Friendly Options
- Check out some of the murals Austin is known for, including the Tau Ceti Mural, You’re My Butter Half, Love From Austin, and I Love You So Much murals. They’re great backdrops for bachelorette party pics as well!
- Take a hike on some of Austin’s most popular trails such as Twin Falls and Sculpture Falls via Barton Creek Greenbelt trail (rated easy, 3.2 miles), or Lady Bird Lake trail (rated easy, 10 miles).
- Swim in Hamilton Pool Preserve, a natural swimming pool and waterfall in the Texas Hill Country. You’ll need to make an online reservation for a timeslot before you go. The reservation fee is $12 per vehicle (max 8 people), and you’ll need to bring cash with you – no credit or debit cards are accepted at the preserve.
$$: Mid-Tier Options
- Shop for vintage goods at the Austin City-Wide Vintage Sale. You’ll need to check their events schedule to find the next sale date!
- Visit Rainey Street, a street of bungalow houses that have turned into popular bars, restaurants, and live music venues. Check out Lucille Patio Lounge, Half Step, and The Container Bar for a great cocktail.
$$$: Splurge Options
- Book a Retro Boat sunset cruise in a series of small classic boats. Boat rides are BYOB, but keep in mind you’ll need a designated boat driver as well (no boating experience needed!). Pricing starts at around $200 for a 90-minute cruise.
- When in Texas, you need cowboy boots! Get fitted for your own pair at Allen’s Boots, or opt for a custom design from Texas Custom Boots. Be prepared: boots are typically priced at $250 and above.
- Attend ACL, Austin City Limits Music Festival, held in Zilker Park. More than 100 live performances take place across 8 stages, attracting some of the biggest names in music. One-day GA tickets are priced at around $150 per person.
Top Tips/Things to Avoid
- You might want to avoid the summer season as temperatures can reach up to 95°F in July. If you do decide to visit Austin at this time, make sure to tackle any outdoor or strenuous activities in the morning and stay hydrated!
- You will need to book certain activities and make reservations in advance, especially for large groups.
Before you go, if this is your first time planning a bachelorette party, you should definitely check out our Bachelorette 101 guide for more information
We’d love to see photos from your trip and let us know if you visited any of the places recommended. Make sure to tag us @BDR on Instagram!