Nashville is known for a lot of things: great barbecues and lemonade, country music, karaoke, cowboy boots and hats, the Grand Ole Opry, and an amazing bar scene that brings nearly all those elements together. Coupled with its very central location and mild weather, Nashville is the perfect place to host a bachelorette party!
We’re rounding up a few of our favorite tips and tricks to make your Nashville bachelorette party one you won’t forget!
How to Get to Nashville
The capital of Tennessee has good road and air connections, making it very easy to get to.
By car: If you’re coming from within the state, it’s a 2-hour drive from Chattanooga and around 3 hours from Memphis or Knoxville. A little farther out, it will take you 4-5 hours to drive to Nashville from St. Louis, Cincinnati, or Atlanta.
If you’re looking to save a little money on the drive, check out platforms like RideApp to find others headed in the same direction that you could potentially carpool with.
By air: Nashville International Airport (BNA) lands you directly in Nashville. If your group is flying from the West Coast, plan on a 4-hour flight (you can snag some great deals with Frontier Airlines, American Airlines, or Delta, with ticket prices starting at $84).
Getting Around Nashville
Downtown Nashville is a very walkable city. To save money, you and your girls could simply opt to hoof it wherever you’re going, although that will mean staying in the city proper, so keep that in mind as you’re booking accommodations.
You can also pick from several other transport options to get around in style.
- Bicycles: Rent an electric bike for $5 for a single ride with B-cycle. Book online or at any B-Station around the city.
- Scooters: Dodge the traffic with your gals with a zippy scooter! It’s just $1 to unlock the scooter, and then 15 cents per minute for your journey with Bird or Lime. Great for short distances!
- Rental Cars: Zipcar.com allows your squad to book a small car for about $10 per hour or $69 for a day. There is also a $25 one-time application fee, and you’ll need to factor in parking fees – and a designated driver, of course!
- Rideshare: Services like Uber and Lyft are readily available to take you anywhere in Nashville and surrounding areas.
- Hire a driver: You can hire a personal driver through services like Dryver. They’ll be your driver for a night on the town, or even for multiple days. Pricing starts at around $30 per hour.
- Get Rowdy: You can hire a Rowdy Bus (a Nashville party bus) that will take you and your girls on a two-hour Nashville party tour. It’s a great way to get around town and take the party with you! There are other party bus options in the city as well, including UpStage Party Bus and Honky Tonk Party Express.
Where to Stay in Nashville
There are tons of great options for accommodations for your Nashville bachelorette party. Again, there’s a wide range of price options, so you and your squad are bound to find something good within your budget. Here are a few options that are sure to make your weekend sing:
- Airbnb is a great way to find affordable accommodations in Nashville. You can rent an entire house like East Nash Pool House for ten people starting at $216 a night, or a townhouse with a rooftop deck, which can house 12 guests for $249 a night.
- Comfort Inn Downtown Nashville offers a great location, as well as an indoor heated pool to relax in after a long day of fun! Rooms start at around $150 per night for 2 adults.
- The Urban Farmhouse on Airbnb offers a rooftop with downtown views, is centrally located, and is stocked with every amenity you could think of! The house sleeps 12 guests and pricing starts at $440 per night.
- The Cambria Hotel Nashville Downtown offers you the ability to walk to most destinations on this list. Best of all, they have a Music City theme to their rooms and public spaces, which will really bring the Nashville vibe home. Rooms start at around $250 per night.
- The Hermitage Hotel is a beautiful white stone building that’ll make you feel like a princess in a country fairytale castle. Rooms start at around $719 per night.
- There are other supremely luxurious homes in Downtown Nashville, including this sophisticated home, that can easily accommodate up to 24 guests. Pricing starts at just under $2,000 per night (taxes and fees included).
Best Things to Do at Your Nashville Bachelorette Party
Nashville is one of the best bachelorette party destinations out there because it has so much to offer for your girl squad’s celebrations! No matter what kind of getaway you’re hoping to have – enjoying the day or partying through the night! – Nashville can cater to you. Below are some of our favorite things to do for a Nashville bachelorette party.
Go on a wine tour: Places like Barrels of Fun Nashville put together tours of local wineries where you can wander around, shop, and most importantly, try the tasting menus. The best thing about these companies is that they provide a driver just in case you taste one too many glasses of wine. Another company offering a similar service is the Liquor Lab. Here, the girls and you can learn how to make beer. You’ll even get to taste the fruits of your labor!
Find some vintage gems: Nashville has a fantastic, rhinestone-bespeckled vintage and antique scene. If denim jackets and throwback tee shirts are your bride’s niche, you probably want to visit Old Made Good and purchase some bachelorette gifts. If you’re looking for fashions from the 50s, 60s, and 70s that will make you look like a glam goddess from a time gone by, Star Struck Vintage will provide the goods. Spend the afternoon perusing products from the past that deserve a new life today.
Bar hop – at milkshake counters! Nashville has some absurdly decadent milkshake bars. At Legendairy Milkshake Bar you can order a Majestic Unicorn, a magical concoction made with cotton candy ice cream, marshmallow cream, and rainbow whipped cream. You can also stop by Gracie’s Milkshake Bar for seasonal shakes and floats. There’s a Christmas shake with a gingerbread man hanging on to the glass for dear life.
Hit the spa for ultimate relaxation: There are spas in this city that’ll put a checkmark in every wellness box. At spas including The Lotus Room Ayurveda and Woodhouse Spa, you can sip mimosas and champagne in between facial, nail, and massage appointments.
Put your heads together in an escape room: Nashville has some pretty awesome themed escape rooms. At The Escape Game, you can pick which experience best fits your group. Themes range from an art heist to a train that’ll take you back in time, and rooms are given a rating out of ten to let you know how difficult they are to beat! Escape Experience also has great options!
Nashville is famous for its bars, dance halls, and shows, so when the sun goes down, get ready to party! Make sure you make time to walk down the Honky Tonk Highway, otherwise known as Broadway Street. This part of the city is impossible to miss since live music filters out of windows and open doors every few feet.
Show ‘em your moves: It’s time to dance! Famously, the Wildhorse Saloon is in Nashville, and there’s nothing else quite like the three stories of drinks and dancing you will find there. The majority of the dancing is line dancing, and it’s okay if the girls don’t exactly know how. Several times during the evening, they even give lessons! If line dancing isn’t your cup of tea, head over to Play Dance Bar where you can watch immersive drag shows, dance on one of the dual dance floors, and order drinks from the friendly bartenders. This is Nashville’s flagship gay bar, but anyone and everyone is welcome!
Sing it out: There is nothing like karaoke with your girls! WannaB’s Karaoke Bar is the perfect place to order bar food, listen to some of the undiscovered talents in Nashville, and take the stage yourself. If you’re looking for something a tad smaller (and less intimidating) check out Santa’s Pub, a dive bar downtown where the owner is called ‘Santa’, and the bar is decorated like it’s Christmas all year round! Make sure you have some cash on hand because at Santa’s that’s the only way to pay.
Revue some dancers: Nashville is home to the men of Music City Male Revue, a Magic Mike-type show hosted by a fabulous drag queen, and the $15 general admission tickets buy you a space in the standing-room-only area (if you want to sit to enjoy the Revue, you’ll need to upgrade to a VIP table). Looking for some cowboy burlesque? That’s what you’ll find at Music City Gents, a 90-minute show put on every weekend. The show prides itself on interaction with the crowd, which means that unlike at Music City Male Revue, there is both touching and tipping. The show is BYOB, so bring anything you might want to sip on. Each show gives the crowd a safe word, something a patron can say to tell performers they are uncomfortable with physical contact.
Try some crafty cocktails: If you’re looking for a quieter drinking scene, try The Patterson House. There are craft cocktails on the menu, tapas to munch on, and a cozy lounge space. Another cocktail bar to check out is Attaboy. The bar calls itself a speakeasy, and there’s technically not a set menu. Tell the bartender what you like, and they come up with something tailor-made for you! While this is one of Nashville’s secret places, it’s not a very well-kept one. Get there early, or you could end up waiting in line for up to three hours.
It’s time to get planning!
There are so many great things that make Nashville a perfect location for a bachelorette party! No matter what kind of experience you’re hoping to give your bride-to-be during a Nashville bachelorette party, there’s something there that will be both enjoyable and memorable. A comfortable, stress-free bride is the best kind, so our biggest tip is to know her taste and plan around what she prefers! If she’s a thrill seeker, go the karaoke/escape room route. If she’s a quiet, old soul type, skip the loud bars and pamper her at a salon or with some craft drinks and vintage shopping!
Whatever activities you decide for your Nashville adventure, be sure to couple them with a great bachelorette party theme for your crowd, and share some bachelorette hashtags to make your bride-to-be’s social media buzz throughout the event!
Is this your first bachelorette party? Check out our ultimate guide on how to plan a perfect bachelorette party.
Still don’t know where to host your party? Check out these fun bachelorette party destinations for more information
We’d love to see pictures from your trip – make sure to tag @BDR on Instagram!