Girls just want to have fun! If you’re looking for a fun, retro-themed bachelorette party, an 80s theme party is the way to go! Get ready for beloved 80s music, iconic hairstyles, and of course, the dancing.
Set the tone of your theme from the moment you walk in the door. Every 80s party needs a disco ball and a boom box, but don’t forget about all the fun neon accessories!
$: This 22-piece inflatable set includes a boom box, an oversized mobile phone, and a gold chain balloon to decorate your space and is under $15! Add a Back to the 80s” Balloon Banner and an 80s Photo Booth Prop Kit for the ultimate photo accessories.
$$: This Mirrored Disco Ball will be the centerpiece of any room. You can also get this 36-Piece Disco Ball Variety Pack, offering disco balls in different sizes to decorate the whole house or room! A Disco Ball Beaded Curtain also sets the tone!
$$$: This Studebaker Boom Box will have you ready to dance all night. You can play the radio or CDs, but there is also an auxiliary cord input to connect to a more modern phone! Pair it with a sound-activated DJ Disco Light Set!
If you’re making welcome bags for your guests, there are some great 80s accessories that you can add:
- Fingerless Fishnet Neon Gloves (comes in a set of 12 pairs)
- Neon Party Sunglasses (pack of 12)
- Neon Jelly Bracelets (pack of 144)
- Disco Ball Straws (pack of 40)
- Neon Scrunchies (pack of 12)
- Holographic Fanny Pack
Of course, there are a few staples that are always great to include in welcome bags, such as sunscreen, bug spray, pain relievers, and Liquid IV.
What to Wear for Your 80s Theme Bachelorette Party?
80s fashion is iconic: think scrunchies, mullets, big hair, shoulder pads, and acid-wash jeans. You could ask your guests to dress as iconic movie characters from the 80s, or wear some statement fashion pieces!
A few ideas of iconic movie characters and celebrities:
- Madonna released her first hit singles in the 80s and became the Queen of Pop. Her iconic look included big hair, bold makeup, lace, bows, and stacks of jewelry and accessories. You can also keep it easy with a Madonna Fashion Accessories Pack!
- Michael Jackson created a fashion revolution with bright socks, sequins, sparkly gloves, and statement jackets. Try these Sequin Gloves, paired with a Black Fedora Hat and Aviator Sunglasses. And if you really want to splurge, this Beat It Leather Jacket is sure to impress!
- Jane Fonda shared her workout routine with the world in the 80s and became an instant icon. Her leotards paired with tights, leg warmers, and big hair become 80s closet staples. Try this 80s Workout Costume to complete the look!
A few ideas for 80s statement fashion:
- Big hair: gravity-defying volume was the fashion of the day, with teased, permed, and curly hair.
- Shoulder pads: shoulder pads were big in the 80s, particularly with suits and jackets. And lucky for us, they’re coming back in style! You can buy in-style clothing with shoulder pads, like this Padded Shoulder Tee.
- Neon: the 80s were all about neon everything! Windbreakers were also in style, and were often in bold, bright colors, like this Totally Neon Windbreaker.
- Acid wash jeans: denim bleached with chlorine was a popular look in the 80s. Try this Acid Wash Romper to get the look.
- Scrunchies: any color, any pattern! Scrunchies are a quintessential 80s accessory.
- Leotards: pair your leotard with bold tights and leg warmers for the full 80s fitness look.
- Fingerless gloves: celebrities including Madonna and Billy Idol were famous for wearing this 80s accessory. Try these Black Lace Fingerless Gloves.
- Oversized brand logos: fashion brands opted for oversized logos in the 80s. Nike, Jordache, Ralph Lauren, Guess, and Levi’s were all known for leaving big logos across their apparel.
Get Ready for Games!
A bachelorette party always needs some games! The 80s were known for classic games including Pac Man, Tetris, Chutes and Ladders, Yahtzee and Twister. The first episode of Jeopardy aired in 1984, and the Rubik’s Cube became popular in the 80s.
You can plan a game night with your favorite board games, video games, or a game of Jeopardy!
The 80s were all about the music, so make sure to pack the playlist with all of your favorite 80s jams! A few ideas to get you started:
- “Master Blaster (Jammin’)” by Stevie Wonder (1980)
- “Super Trouper” by Abba (1980)
- “Don’t Stop Believin’” by Journey (1981)
- “I Love Rock ’n Roll” by Joan Jett & The Blackhearts (1981)
- “Come On Eileen” by Dexys Midnight Runners (1982)
- “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” by Cyndi Lauper (1983)
- “Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)” by Eurythmics, Annie Lennox, Dave Stewart (1983)
- “Uptown Girl” by Billy Joel (1983)
- “Material Girl” by Madonna (1984)
- “Take On Me” by A-ha (1985)
We hope you have an amazing 80s theme bachelorette party! We’d love to see pictures from your trip – make sure to tag @BDR on Instagram!