Explore the desert in the back of the Hummer, sip whiskey and wine at a classy cocktail club, go to a music festival, or enjoy a cabana pool party under the stars. Sounds pretty amazing, isn’t it? The best part is, it can all be done in a single destination! Palm Springs has bars, restaurants, music, and recreational activities for every bride and bachelorette group. Let’s dive into planning your Palm Springs bachelorette party!
Best Time to Have a Palm Springs Bachelorette Party
Due to its warm weather, Palm Springs is a beloved bachelorette getaway location throughout the year, but especially between December and April when it’s not quite as hot. It is a desert, after all! The wintertime weather is ideal for the wonderful activities Palm Springs has to offer.
If you do choose to go in the summer, know that high temperatures during the day frequently reach triple digits, so be prepared and plan accordingly. These summer months are also considered the off-season in Palm Springs, and can be a great time to score a deal!
How to get to Palm Springs
Palm Springs is an exclusive city in Southern California that makes you feel like you’re stepping back in time. It’s well-known for its mid-century and modern architecture, unique dining, spas, hiking, hot springs, vintage boutiques, and upscale hotels.
By air: The fact that Palm Springs is so easy to reach makes it a great place for bachelorette parties. Just a five-minute drive from the center of Palm Springs is the Palm Springs International Airport (PSP), with nonstop flights to over 30 airports. You can also fly to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and then drive to Palm Springs (about 2 hours drive, depending on traffic).
By car: Palm Springs is within driving distance from Los Angeles (2 hours, depending on traffic), San Diego (about 3 hours), Phoenix (about 4 hours), and Las Vegas (about 4 hours).
Getting around in Palm Springs
Once you arrive in Palm Springs, if you’re sticking to the compact downtown hub, the area is very walkable and pedestrian-friendly. But if you want to venture farther out, Palm Springs is best explored with your own set of wheels. Here are a few options:
- Rideshare services like Uber and Lyft are readily available in the area
- Renting a car (or if you already have a car) is a great way to reach some of the city’s more remote points of interest, including hiking trails and surrounding national parks such as Joshua Tree National Park.
- Neighboring cities including Indio and Coachella have bikes and scooters from companies like Bird available, but these may not be as available in Palm Springs itself. However, you will find many hotels in Palm Springs that offer bikes available for their guests.
- SunLine is the city’s bus service and the main mode of public transportation. The bus system offers 9 routes and one commuter bus. Be sure to download the SunBus Tracker App to track the buses throughout the city.
Where to stay in Palm Springs
When deciding where to stay for your Palm Springs bachelorette party, there are a few things to consider: the size of your party, your budget, and the vibe you’re going for. Here are a few of our favorite accommodations options:
$: Budget-Friendly Options
- The Saguaro Palm Springs: This modern and colorful hotel is the ideal choice if you’re seeking a lively and festive atmosphere. The Saguaro is in the heart of Palm Springs so you’ll be near the city’s best dining and nightlife. Additionally, this hotel boasts one of the greatest pools in the area, with cabanas, chaise lounge chairs, and umbrellas perfect for spending a warm day relaxing by the pool. Rooms start at around $120 per night.
- Hilton Palm Springs: This hotel is a desert retreat in downtown Palm Springs, within a few streets of the main strip. The hotel includes a spa, views of the San Jacinto mountains, and an expansive outdoor pool deck. Rooms start at around $120 per night.
- Platforms like Airbnb can offer great deals as well, especially if you’re open to staying a little bit off the beaten path. This villa sleeps 16 and offers a 2-acre lot, pool and spa, a gameroom, and other amenities. Pricing starts at around $440 per night.
$$: Mid-tier Options
- Colony Palms Hotel: This is the location for you if you’re seeking classic Hollywood glitz and glamour. This historic boutique hotel in the center of Palm Springs provides a variety of amenities like a pool and several dining options. It also has one of the nicest day spas in the area. Rooms start at around $475 per night.
- Ace Hotel & Swim Club: The Ace Hotel & Swim Club offers stylish rooms and suites, an on-site spa, and two pools at this hipster oasis. There is also a lively bar, a diner-themed restaurant, and a coffee shop. Rooms start at around $200 per night.
- The Arrive Hotel: A stylish newcomer to Palm Springs is The Arrive Hotel. The facilities have a contemporary, chic feel with a fantastic pool, bocce ball, and ping pong facilities, and entertaining activities are held every week. Rooms start at around $225 per night.
$$$: Splurge Options
If you want to go all out for your bachelorette, these options are for you!
- L’Horizon Resort and Spa: This boutique 5-star hotel is located in downtown Palm Springs with iconic mid-century architecture. The property has 25 bungalows with private patios and outdoor showers, spread over three acres and centered around the main pool and bar. You can rent as many bungalows as you need for your party! Rooms start at $500 per night.
- Parker Palm Springs: This luxury hotel offers private villas, suites, and poolside rooms with amenities including three pools, tennis, pétanque, croquet, yoga, bicycles, and golf. The Palm Springs Yacht Club is also on the grounds of the Parker Estate. Rooms start at $700 per night.
- Palm Springs is very well-known for its mid-century modern architecture, and renting a home with platforms like Airbnb is a great way to experience your retreat. This 9-bedroom Luxury Retreat accommodates 14 guests and has luxury mountain views, an extra large pool, indoor and outdoor games, and stunning living spaces. Pricing starts at around $3,100 per night.
Best Things to Do in Palm Springs
Palm Springs is a magical place for brides and bridesmaids. It’s a fantastic bachelorette party destination where you can make memories that will last a lifetime.
Pop into a pool party, take a dessert hike, enjoy a bottle of wine for dinner before sprucing up and heading to the club, or hit a happy hour at a tiki bar. In Palm Springs, there’s never a dull moment. So, take a look at our wide range of activities for a bachelorette bash in this desert hot spot.
$: Budget-Friendly Options
- Take Instagram-Worthy Photos
Palm Springs is a colored oasis where the desert landscapes, architecture, and bright colors take you back to the 1960s. Thus, making it a perfect place to click memorable pictures and show them off to your social media following.
Make stops at the Palm Springs sign as you enter the city, the shopping district at El Paseo Drive, Sunnyland’s Center & Gardens, Moorten Botanical Garden, or any of the city’s many beautiful architectural neighborhoods to shoot drool-worthy Instagram pictures.
- Explore Palm Springs by Bike
One great way to explore Palm Springs is by bike. You can pedal your way through the city, stopping to take in the sights and sounds of this vibrant destination. Many hotels have bikes available for guests for free, so hop on and explore the city! Just make sure you’re prepared for the weather and have plenty of water on hand!
Looking for something a little more structured? Check out this Modern & More Bike Tour in Palm Springs, priced from $100 per person (you’ll need to bring your own bike!).
- Go On a Morning Hike
Spend the morning hiking with your girl gang before the day gets too hot (and you’re ready for the pool!). Take in some fresh air and enjoy the wonderful views of Andreas Canyon Trail, and Araby Trail, or take a day trip to Joshua Tree National Park. Check out You can find more of the best Palm Springs hiking trails here.
Keep the weather in mind! Pack plenty of sunscreen and water, and get an early start before the day gets too hot.
- Take a Ride on the Aerial Tram
Take in the beautiful landscape of Palm Springs with a ride on the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway. You’ll start in the Sonoran Desert and head up the San Jacinto Mountains, getting off at 8,516 feet (2,838 meters) above sea level. You’ll enjoy panoramic views from the rotating tramcar on your ride, and even better views at the top! Tickets are $30 per person.
$$: Mid-Tier Options
- Hit a Pool Party- Sip wines and dance all night!
Palm Springs is the perfect place for a pool party (and when it’s hot in the middle of the day, there is nothing better!). There is a good chance that your hotel or accommodations has a pool that you could certainly enjoy for the day, but these are a few of our favorite hotel pools in Palm Springs: JW Marriott Desert Springs, Ace Hotel & Swim Club, and Arrive Palm Springs.
- Thrift Store Shopping
Palm Springs is a vintage shopping mecca. Whether you’re looking for clothing, jewelry, art, or furniture, you are sure to find some great pieces here! A few of our favorite spots are Gypsyland Palm Springs, The Fine Art of Design, Dazzles (for jewelry), and Revivals.
$$$: Splurge Options
- Joshua Tree Backroads Hummer Tour
Venture off the beaten path in the backroads of Joshua Tree National Park in a luxury Hummer H2. The Hummer will pick you up at your hotel and take you to the park to view the famous rock formations and distinctive trees that give the park its name. Pricing starts at around $229 per person.
- Dance the Night Away at Copa Nightclub
Copa Nightclub in Palm Springs is a hot spot with retro decor, a dance floor, DJ, and drink specials that will keep you entertained all night long! The venue is styled after old Palm Springs nightclubs and features a lineup of guests and entertainers. After the performers, the dance floor opens and you can dance the night away!
We hope you enjoy your Palm Springs bachelorette party!
Make sure to check out our other recommendations and guides to throw a bachelorette party at different spectacular destinations like Nashville, Las Vegas, or NYC. Or if you prefer a little sunshine and beaches, check out our bachelorette party in Cabo San Lucas also!
Planning your first bachelorette party? We got you, girl! Check out our Bachelorette 101 guide for a perfect bachelorette party that will surprise everyone.
We’d love to see pictures from your trip – make sure to tag @BDR on Instagram!